By Angela Cruz, Marketing Director
“One of the best seminars that I have ever attended”
Speech-Language Pathologist Reyhaneh Rajabzadeh delivered a free training for teachers, “Thinking about Thinking: Metacognitive Teaching to Foster Independent Learners,” in which teachers were reminded of the fundamentals. “It made me reflect on the language I use in the classroom,” one commented. “As teachers, we know to use questioning, however this isn’t a skill I use enough.”
One teacher commented in his feedback survey, “I thought it was an excellent seminar. The presenter had a lot of expertise and practical experience of the subject matter. The information, activities and warm atmosphere made it one of the best seminars that I have ever attended.”
Missed it? Don’t worry, Reyhaneh shares 3 metacognitive teaching techniques in our blog.
Lei Jin, Educational Psychologist, attended an intense three-day training to introduce the fourth edition of Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-IV) in Mandarin, one of the tests we use at ELG. She reported back, “During three days’ training, the theoretical foundation of WISC, as well as pertinent issues relevant to the cognitive assessment of children, have been explored. Participants also received a thorough exposure to the test items, their scoring, and interpretations. In addition, the relevant information regarding clinical validity and the use of WISC with children with special needs has been discussed as well.”
As usual, our specialists were busy in international schools and universities offering training and workshops to both professionals and students.
A few examples include:
- A parent series about Love and Logic® presented at an international school by Speech-Language Pathologist, Evelyn Farzaneh.
- Teacher training about counselling skills by Psychologist Davy Guo and Program Assistant Eva Cheung.
- Mooney Niu, Mental Health Counselor, did a Q&A with students at an international school about psychology.
- Dr. Wang, Clinical Psychologist and Sleep Specialist, facilitated a workshop with parents about impulsive children and how parents can help them to gain control.
- A workshop was delivered by Junci Wu, Board Certified Behavior Analyst, for parents to gain strategies for improving their children’s behavior.
- Reyhaneh offered metacognition training for teachers at an international school.
For more information about training opportunities, please contact our Clinic Director, Fiona Douglas, at [email protected].