Programs Director Job Description
Reporting directly into the Executive Director, the Programs Director is a senior leadership position, with the primary purpose of fulfilling ELG’s mission to improve the lives of children and their families. ELG’s Programs consist of a range of intensive offerings for children and young adults with needs that are not fully met in a mainstream educational environment. The Programs Director seeks to continuously raise the quality of individualized and group teaching within ELG’s Programs. High-quality standards are primarily achieved through training and instruction to staff, and improvements in curriculum and methodologies. Such standards are sustained through the fostering and maintenance of a collaborative culture within which staff feels engaged, empowered, and supported with personal and professional development. Importantly, the Programs Director also seeks to ensure high levels of engagement from parents, through effective daily communication systems, parent trainings and social activities.
The Programs Director is responsible for directing all aspects of the department’s functioning, including:
- Program execution, safety and quality (including IDP management)
- Integration of therapies
- Parent communications and services
- HR, operations and finance
- Marketing and admissions
- Education: Master’s level degree in a relevant discipline such as special education, developmental therapy or psychology (minimum requirement).
- Licenses or certification: Must be maintained in relevant discipline, in country of qualification (minimum requirement). Amount of related previous work experience: 5-10 years relevant work experience plus leadership/management experience (minimum requirement).
- Level of spoken language: Written and oral fluency in English (minimum requirement); written and oral fluency in Mandarin (highly desirable).
- Technical skills: Strong interpersonal skills; leadership and supervision skills; training skills; public speaking skills (minimum requirement).
- Specific knowledge: Therapy and special education (minimum requirement); Chinese special education sector (highly desirable).
Key Success Factors:
- Degree in special-education or related field
- Mandarin is desirable;
- Good command of English.
- Expertise in evidence-based special education and therapy approaches.
- Leadership traits including – strong active listening and communication skills; critical thinking skills; coaching abilities; non-defensiveness; conflict resolution skills; empowering of others; strong sense of accountability.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal professional communication, with excellent attention to detail.
- Well developed organizational, task-management and time-management skills.
- Flexible approach and willingness to adapt according to the needs of the department and/or organization.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please tell us what position you are interested in, why you are interested and what unique qualities you have.